Andrew Lawson is a printmaker who makes art dealing with concepts revolving around social and historical trends in our society. Andrew currently resides in Midland and Lubbock, Texas. Currently, Andrew is an MFA candidate in printmaking at Texas Tech University.
The concept of my work revolves around globalization and the assimilation of all aspects of our society, more specifically how we as individuals identify within this assimilated society and the aspects of singularity it presents in our everyday lives. My work shows two juxtaposing forces at work and hopefully get the viewer to question their own stance in this ever globalized world.
- 2019 Atlanta Print Biennial - Kai Lin Art Gallery - Atlanta, Georgia
- New Contemporary: High Art, Low Art, and everything in between - Keep Contemporary Gallery - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Innovation in Printmaking - Cade Art Gallery - Arnold, Maryland
- Freedom of Expression - Webster Arts Center - St. Louis, Missouri
- A Generous Kingdom III - Verum Ultimum Art Gallery, Portland, Oregon
- Impression: A National Printmaking Exhibition - d'Art Center - Norfolk, Virginia
- Impressed 2018: Behind the Hedges: Greoup Printmaking Show - Art Gym, Denver Colorado
- Impressions: Nationally Juried Printmaking Exhibition - Montgomery College, Rockville Maryland
- After Dark 6 - Greg Moon Art Gallery - Taos, New Mexico
- Art by Brad King and Andrew Lawson - Kamiposi Gallery, Midland, Texas